Thursday, January 12, 2012

Come experience Nabi, it's worth the trip

Last night I needed a good dinner, didn't want to drive, so I walked South on Ridgewood a few blocks, across Westheimer, right into Nabi, Neighborhood Restaurant. It is an Asian restaurant with a strong leaning toward Korean food. There is a sushi bar, too.  I had just sat down when neighbors Flora and Bob walked in. Wow, was that serendipitous. They joined me. This was a good thing, one because I love their company and two because I knew they would let me sample their dishes as well. It worked out beautifully.
Fried Chicken
I ordered two things, potato and apple salad to start and fried chicken. I know this sounds so Southern-Midwestern of me, but I couldn't help myself, that is what was calling my name. The potato salad and the chicken had a nice Korean twist. The potato salad had red potatoes, gala apples, red onions, and scallion tossed in a miso mayo dressing. The fried chicken was made with all natural organic chicken, sweet chili, pickled red onions and cilantro, that will gently slap your taste buds.

Bob ordered from the Bowl category, ginger duck with noodles, this is confit duck, ginger, scallions, shiitake mushrooms, shishito peppers. Bob was well into having his way with this dish, when I thought to take the picture. It still looks tasty and it was.
Ginger Duck+Noodles
Flora ordered the Nabi Ramen. This dish has bacon broth, pork shoulder + belly, poached egg and scallions. Another winner!!!
Nabi Ramen

She was also kind enough to order the tartare tacos, something I was curious about. Oh my, are they very good and so cute, too. They are made with tuna, salmon, hamachi, pine nuts and Fuji apples.
Tartare Tacos. The picture is blurry because I was taken with their cuteness.
When you walk into Nabi, you immediately feel relaxed, the space is open, airy and friendly. On the wall at the hosting station is a hand drawn map of some of the places Executive Chef and Owner Ji Kang buys his food. I like this. Ji is ever present at Nabi. He is new to the city, so make sure you give him a warm Houston howdy-do.
When driving down Westheimer look for this sign and do not hesitate, just park your car in their lot and walk in!!

Nabi
1517 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77006
713-526-8866
Web site www.nabihouston.com
Mon-Sat.  11 am -Midnight
with happy hours from 4pm-7pm and 9pm-midnight
Opened Sunday 5pm-10pm

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am doing some PR for NABI. Can you shoot me your email so I can add it to my media list? Thanks! My email is socialcult@gmail.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete