Wednesday, February 1, 2012

BLT, Butternut Squash Soup and Eugenides.....

Today, I met my friend Lisa at The Revival Market on Heights. Perfect day for a lunch outside. We met to discuss The Marriage Plot by Jeffery Eugenides and have some great food. What a combo, food, friends, books and spring like weather. Oh my. It doesn't get much better than that. I ordered the butternut squash soup and bean salad.

I have to tell you that when they said bean salad, I was thinking green bean salad, not the case. This was white and red bean salad tossed in olive oil and seasonings. A delight.

Lisa had the BLT with bacon, seasoned mayo and homegrown arugula. Yum!
The Marriage Plot got mixed reviews. Overall, it was a well written book, good story, but a couple of the characters were not very likable. Not that you have to like the characters, but it helps. My least favorite was Madeline. Lisa's least favorite was Leonard. Mitchell was the most agreeable character and was the tension that kept all of them vital.
The Revival Market is an eatery and a food market, touting locally made goods and meat and produce. The menu is written daily on a large chalkboard behind the meat counter. I enjoyed my meal very much.  I will go back.
Look for the Revival Market at the corner of Heights and White Oak (AKA 6th Street)
The Revival Market
550 Heights Blvd.
Houston, TX 77007
713-880-8463
revivalmarket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment