Monday, March 5, 2012

Breakfast Klub sans brat pack....

....and was that a relief. This morning I hopped in my car for the first time in two days, I had ridden my bike or walked everywhere over the weekend, but I used my car this morning,  because I had a craving for catfish and grits and wanted them right now.  I have never had catfish and grits for breakfast before, but I knew exactly where I could go to get them. THE BREAKFAST KLUB.

Stellar catfish and grits!! STELLAR. Flaky catfish with a seasoned batter that makes your heart skip a beat and the grits, my oh my, buttery happy in total concert with the catfish. Other dishes that I have tried and loved; waffles and wings, green eggs and ham, croissant egg sandwich. All good.
The atmosphere is friendly, helpful and courteous. It is a pleasure to sit and dine, while enjoying good music piped over the PA and looking at the original art pieces on the wall.
A side note, I like honey on my biscuits, so I grabbed a container of it. Busy Bee honey. I read the back label. It is clover honey from Hillsboro, KS. That gave me a big ol' smile. I blew in from Kansas to Houston right after graduating from KU a long while back, the honey seemed to make the connection between my two homes.
It also looks like you can have a taste of The Breakfast Klub in your own kitchen. How good is that?


I haven't tried any of their products, but I betthey're good. I noticed they also sell coffee. Oh, and they have great T-shirts. I sent my nephew Darren one a few years ago. So, he's walking around Kansas with a Breakfast Klub t-shirt on. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

The Breakfast Klub
3711 Travis Street
Houston, TX 77002
713-528-8561
www.thebreakfastklub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment