Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Japanese Gardens, a vacation to remember....

and I never left Houston... mode of transportation, bicycle:  no lost luggage, long lines or cramped seats, plenty of leg room!!!! and all it cost was about 200 calories. Not bad.
Self-propelled transportation. Dependable, always runs on my time schedule and it is fun.
Clear blue skies, low humidity, a gentle breeze, a need to be outside prompted this trip. It could not have been a better day for it.  This Japanese Garden is inside of Hermann Park. It is free to the public. There used to be a fee. I remember going when it first opened. The plants were new, a lot of sun and not much shade back then. My, how everything  has grown. It was truly like being on a vacation. I feel relaxed and invigorated all at the same time.





Lovely shadows.

Birds and turtles.

Flowers

Big Flowers

More birds

Big bird

Bridging the gap. A garden in the middle of a large city, impressive.

The sound of water running over rocks is ever present.

Meditation happens easily.

Squirrels, too.
Quote of the day: "In my hands, I hold a bowl of tea
I see all of nature represented in its green color
Closing my eyes, I find green mountains and pure water within my own heart
Silently drinking, I feel these become a part of me."
-Sen no Rikyu

No comments:

Post a Comment