Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Liberty Kitchen

I was in the Heights at lunch time, so I called my friend Lisa who works in the area,  to see if she wanted to meet me at Liberty Kitchen for lunch.


I have been wanting to go and it's always fun to lunch with a friend. Lisa said great, so we grabbed a table on the patio. Just a perfect day for it. Houston has been showing off lately with this fine weather. We're all the better for it, don't ya think?!!!

Lemonade, fresh squeezed, had to have it. Oh my, what a lovely blend of lemon, organic sugar and mint, served over a stack of crushed ice. Yes. It is delicious. Love it!!!


Lisa and I both decided to go fried. She, with the fried shrimp po'boy and me with the fried catfish po'boy. Both served with cherry tomatoes, greens and remoulade sauce, put squarely in the middle of  fresh baked Slow Dough french bread.(Great BREAD) Yes, indeed, quite the treat. My catfish was light, flaky, flavorful. The combo of excellent fish, bread, greens, tomatoes, sauce was a joyous bite after bite.  Lisa said the shrimp was well prepared, good flavor, too, much enjoyed.
Fried Catfish Po'boy, goodly portion, it will fill you up!!

Fried Shrimp Po'boy with Onion Rings. The o-rings are stellar!


Lisa ordered the onion rings. Lightly battered, crunchy, inside the onions are soft enough to bite into without being mushy. Very good. I had the twice cooked french fries. Good, too.



At the corner of Studewood and E. 11th in the Heights. Just look at that Houston Blue Sky!!!!
Quote of the day: "If I go down in for anything in history, I would like to be known as the person who convinced the American people that catfish is one of the finest eating fishes in the world.”
Willard Scott (The Today Show)

 
Liberty Kitchen
1050 Studewood
Houston, TX 77008
(713) 802-0533

No comments:

Post a Comment