Sunday, July 15, 2012

Friday the 13th at the Queen Vic was a very good day....

...for my birthday celebration.

High Tea, cocktails and good friends added to the merry making. Thank goodness for friends, thank goodness for the Queen Vic. I think going for afternoon tea is one of the best things to do.



That probably started when I was just a little girl, living in Kansas, having afternoon tea with my mom. She made it fun. I would go out the back door and come around to the front, knock, she would invite me in as if I was her long lost friend. We would sit and have tea and PB&Js, with the crust cut off and talk and laugh. The tea was probably Lipton and that was good, too.

At the Queen Vic we had a choice of finger sandwiches and organic teas, served with fresh berries, vegetable chips, cream, jam and a lovely pineapple carrot cake.
This is the cucumber, cilantro, chutney sandwich.

This sandwich is made with Brie, walnuts and figs.

My sandwich was made with cucumbers, cilantro and chutney, crust off, of course. It was really good, as was all the other things on my plate. We talked and laughed. It felt like home.

The celebration continued after the tea pots emptied and cocktails arrived. A toast to a wonderful year was made and I am a glad for it.


Thank you Flora for thinking of afternoon tea. Thank you Cath for joining in the celebration.

Quote of the Day:  "There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."  Henry James



Tea is served at the Queen Vic on Fridays from 3 to 5pm.

The Queen Vic Pub & Kitchen
2710 Richmond Ave.
Houston, TX 77098
713-533-0022
www.thequeenvicpub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment