Friday, September 7, 2012

Nabi has left the building.....


Sadly, one of my very favorite restaurants has closed. The scuttlebutt around the lower Westheimer area is that Chef Ji Kang is striking out in a new direction. That he sold Nabi to pursue a new concept in dining. I have not a clue what that is, but I wish him the very very best. Ji is a talented chef with an exceptional table-side manner. He will be missed in the neighborhood.

I stopped by the Nabi building just to see for myself what was going on, the door was a jar, I called in to see if anyone would come to the front of the restaurant, a young man did. "What happened to Chef Ji Kang, to Nabi?" I asked, trying not to sound too whiny. He didn't know the details, but he did tell me that Nabi will be transformed into a Mexican Restaurant in two months. I am a bit unsure about this new development, but maybe it stems from my disappointment that Nabi is gone. I will not pass judgement until I have taken fork to mouth and tasted the food at this new Mexican restaurant.

Chef Ji Kang all the best to you. Don't be a stranger. Let us know where you plan to cook next. Love your food.


Thanks for the memories!!! Yummmm!!!

Quote of the day: Parting is such sweet sorrow..... W. Shakespeare


No comments:

Post a Comment