Sunday, March 17, 2013

Gratifi, used to be Ziggy's, but is branded a new...

with the same owners, same great patio, service and an eye towards comfort.
I had noticed the name change and of course was curious about what happened to Ziggy's, so I stopped in for dinner. Come to find out, Gratifi did not change hands, same owners as before, but they wanted to offer a more well rounded comfort food type menu, less emphasis on vegan and vegetarian.

It was just about sunset and though a bit chilly, I opted to have my meal outside on their patio, which, by the way is still dog friendly, with water bowls and menus for your happy pups. The low sun offered just the right amount of warmth to keep me comfortable.

I had a salad, stuffed chicken, a glass of wine and for dessert their  almond, orange cake.
The chicken was grilled and stuffed with steamed spinach and mushrooms. The only thing I would change with this dish is to leave off the spicy sweet pecans. It was a bit too sugary for my taste, but other than that, very good and fresh.



moist, with the taste of orange and orange rind. I liked it very much.
Quote of the Day: "Try it, you'll like it." Mikey on the Life Cereal commercial

Grafiti (Used to be Ziggy's)
302 Fairview
Houston, TX 77006
 832-203-5950
http://gratifikitchenandbar.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment