Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pizza L'Vino knows how to make the pizza pies!!!

This pizza to go joint is on Waugh Drive at Damico Street. The shop is the brain child of Dan Barnett, the great mind behind Star Pizza, so I guess he knows a few things about how to make a good pizza. L'Vino will not disappoint. I ordered my pizza to-go-for-pick-up. They also deliver.

I don't eat pizza often, but when I do I like thin crust with a tangy flavorful tomato sauce. That is exactly what I got along with pepperoni, Italian sausage, onion, green pepper and sauteed mushrooms. I opted out of the cheese, lactose intolerant, but by no means did that detract from tastiness of this pizza. It was exactly what my taste buds wanted. It is so nice when that happens.


They offer up different dough, which is made fresh on site, unbleached white or whole wheat flour and for the 12" pizzas you can get gluten free. The crust is formed in three different ways, NY hand tossed, ultra thin crust and deep dish. This is definitely a great place to get pizza. They also offer wine and beer to go. Salads and cannolis, zitti, sandwiches, too.

Learn more about Pizza L'Vino at their Web site
www.pizzalvino.com

Pizza L'Vino
544 Waugh Drive
Houston, TX 77019
713-526-1000

Quote of the Day: "You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six"
Yogi Berra

No comments:

Post a Comment